Saturday, November 03, 2007

Is Deja Vu better than 1st Vu?

My friend Holly and I have a lot discussions on this subject. We see many movies. and we often want to know what the outcome is before we see the film. It's sometimes better to know if it's a happy ending, or if the ending is sad and depressing (like real life). Many times I've been caught off-guard by a movie or its ending. The most recent example is The Family Stone. Judging by the trailers, it was a comedy, spoofing family relations. Imagine my surprise when I discovered it was a heavy family dramedy, one that had me going through a whole mini-package of kleenex. Not a criticism - but I think I would have appreciated it a lot more if I'd gone into the theater knowing I was going in for a good cry.

With that in mind, tonight, a week removed from the Red Sox' World Championship, I popped in my tape of game 1 of the World Series. And it was incredible to watch again. Last Wednesday, I was tense, trying to keep up with my scorecard, trying to contribute comments over on SG, and hitting the wine too much. Tonight I was free to just enjoy. To enter inning one knowing Josh would strike out the side. To see Pedrioa come to bat in the first, knowing he's going to hit a home run. To listen to McCarver claim the long layoff would have absolutely no effect on the Rockies...

I look forward to watching the rest of the Series!

Go (again) Red Sox!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home