Friday, May 01, 2009

The House of Horrors, etc.

So, tonight is game two of a four game series vs. the Tampa Bay (Devil) Rays. We won't talk about last night's game. I wasn't able to watch it, so as far as I'm concerned, the game never took place. Suffice it to say that the game confirmed my feeling that the Trop is a stadium to be dreaded.

Instead of the game, I went to our school's production of "Death of a Salesman." It's been years since I read the play or saw it, so I was a little foggy on the details. I frankly expected to slip out at the interval. However, it was wonderful! We had a senior directing it, and he coaxed some wonderful performances from the cast. It was really riveting - and I was so proud of our students! (I did find the lead kinda funny, though - it was like watching Jimmy Stewart's Harvey character Elwood play Willie Loman!)

Today, I opened my mailbox to find my new Mike Lowell action figure!! I had seen in on the Clark Toys website - and knew I had to have it. Here's their photo of it:

So, I was a little surprised to open the box and find this:
They changed the design in two significant ways. First, he's now wearing the alternative red jersey. And you'll notice he's wearing the new "hanging sox" logo on the hat. Interesting....Look at those muscles, though. Yum.

This is actually my fourth McFarlane figure. I've got Beckett, Papelbon and the 1975 WS Carlton Fisk. I'm never sure if I should open them or not. I know they have a greater resale value if they're "mint in the box," but seriously, would I 1) sell them or 2) find anyone who'd buy them?! I guess I need to display them someplace...

The H1N1 virus (aka Swine Flu) continues to spread. Three schools in the Nashville area are now closed, and our school is preparing plans should we have to close. My only concern is the impact on my planned trip to Boston in three weeks. It better not be affected by this!!

Finally, I'm enjoying this drink this evening. The recipe was on boston.com months ago, promoted as a great winter drink. It was developed and served at the Foundation Lounge, and is called "The Cinnabon"

In a cocktail shaker, mix with ice:
1/2 oz. Goldschlager
1 oz. Bailey's
1 oz. Starbucks Coffee Liqueur.

Shake. Serve over ice with a cinnamon stick.

Cheers!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home