Monday, November 14, 2005

Our MVP




So, today is the big announcement. The American League's Most Valuable Player for 2005. There is no question in my mind who's the most deserving: our Big Papi, David Ortiz. I mean, the guy literally carried the Red Sox into the post-season - they wouldn't have made it there without his bat. This on the heels of another MVP-like season last year - where would the Sox have been without DO in last year's post-season run? I hope the voters weren't swayed by the fact that he is "only" a DH. I like the sentiment expressed on SportsCenter this morning - he was a team leader. I think that trumps offense every day.

Of course, the voting was done before the writers got a chance to see A-Rod suck in this year's post-season. The favorite thing to do at my house - yell "You Suck A-Rod!" every time they show that face. It amuses me...

Later: Here's a cool map from ESPN that shows how the nation views the race for MVP