Friday, March 02, 2007

Life is good - enjoy it

So, today I had to go to Atlanta for a meeting - a 90 minute trip was 4 and 1/2 hours due to a horrible bus accident on 75 south. A bus carrying a baseball team from Ohio plunged off an overpass onto 75 south - 5 were killed. We took an alternate route - but still, it makes you stop and appreciate your life and your friends and family.

Makes you thankful for little things. Like Red Sox baseball. Does that sound vacuous or banal? I hope not. Because the RS are one of the things I'm always grateful for. They give me such pleasure, such joy, such angst. For years are 1986, I couldn't bring myself to watch - too painful. But I rediscovered my joy and my joy of baseball in 2003 - how could I have allowed myself to grow so estranged from them for so long. To just hear Orsillo and Remy - I nearly wept Wednesday night! (tonight: Remy complains they're only getting paid for an hour's work!)

Tonight, I'm watching our hope for 2007. Dice-K vs. Boston College. So far (it's the start of the 2nd) - he looks good. I loved how he was laughing and smiling in the dugout between innings. 2 strike-outs in the first.

And how about our young pups in Wednesday's game. Pedroia, Murphy & Ellsbury - wow. They really provided the offense spark. It makes one feel confident for the future!

Tomorrow I've got to spend some time online - securing tickets for the Mariners-Red Sox series at Safeco in June. Fingers crossed for something good!! I'm so psyched for my June trip - 3 games in Atlanta, 3 games in San Diego, 3 games in Seattle. Woo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home