Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Patriot's Day Game

Boston Herald photo by Matthew West
So, I got to see the Patriot's Day game on Monday - we ended up with a half day of school, so I was home literally as the Sox came to bat in the top of the first. And was that good timing - they scored 6 runs in that inning! That, coupled with another great outing by Josh Beckett, made for a wonderful outcome - final score was 7-2. The Sox outscored the Angels 25-3 over the three games. Our pitching staff looked almost unhittable - and the bats have awoken.

I was most surprised and pleased by the fellow pictured above - new SS Julio Lugo. I have to admit, I couldn't understand why the Sox Front Office - particularly Theo Epstein - were so hot to have him - they had been pursuing him for two years. But we saw some great defensive plays - especially two "web gems" in Monday's game. And he produced at the plate, too. He also just seems to be fitting in really well in the clubhouse - witness him with Manny above. (There's another great photo on the Herald site of Lowell hugging him). He and Big Papi have been friends for years, so you know that's helped him feel comfortable with his new team.

I also have mention the Pizza throwing incident. If you haven't seen the video, go look for it on YouTube. I didn't have the NESN broadcast of the game (for some reason, EI chose to present the Angels' broadcast), so I had to wait to see the reportage by DO and Remy. The best part is the absolute giddiness that overcomes them. Man, I love this team - from the ball players up to the broadcasters. I don't think there's a better regional broadcast team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home