Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My tale of the Virtual Waiting Room

Photo from BDD
Everyone seems to have a tale from the Virtual Waiting Room, so here's mine.

Red Sox single game tickets went on sale Saturday morning at 10am. Unfortunately, I was already committed to proctoring SATs (woohoo) and my sister was visiting from Boston - so I could only get briefly online at noon. No luck. So I settled in around 3 for the duration. I had six or seven windows open, and at 8:20, I got through. I picked out tickets for the three games I'd decided on, and, yes, and went back and forth to the seating chart several times. When I finally got ready to check out, punched the purchase button, and was told I had taken too long. My tickets were no longer available and I was back in the VWR. AARRGH! So, another 20 minutes in the queue, and finally got back in. This time, I was pretty quick about my choices, and they finally accepted my payment.

The results? Three games against the Angels from Somewhere at the end of July! Yeah!! 1 Grandstand, 2 Field Boxes.

So now I can relax. I have tickets for three games at Fenway, and two in Cincinnati. Now I've just got to work on Baltimore!

14 Days until Pitchers and Catchers report to Fort Myers!!

Labels: ,