Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Ortiz is here, all's right with the world

Herald photo by Matt Stone

Word that Big Papi has arrived at the Red Sox Spring Training HQ makes me smile - makes me happy! - because it means it almost time to get this season cranked back up. The AP reports David Ortiz took some swings in the batting cages, and says his surgically repaired knee is nearly ready for action. Just seeing the photo above made me realize how much I've missed these guys.

Also arriving late this afternoon:

Screen cap from Surviving Grady

It's strange, but when I heard the news this morning that Fidel Castro was resigning as President of Cuba, my first thought was of Mike - and the many, many Cuban exiles living here in the US. I'm sure today is a very happy one for them.

And happy for me - because Mikey's back in the Red Sox family, where he belongs!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ted D said...

The Large Father has arrived! Baseball is HERE.

Beth, I thought about Lowell too when I read about Castro. You realize we have a serious problem, right?

6:12 PM  
Blogger Tex said...

Hubba Hubba

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home