Saturday, April 05, 2008

Kyle, we hardly knew ye

It seems that every year, I pick one slightly-mediocre-but-cute player to lust after. For a while, it was Mark Bellhorn. This past two years, it's been Kyle Snyder. That striking, 6'8" relief pitcher with the lovely golden locks.

On our road trip last summer, I often sought him out - to snap him in action during warm-ups and on the field. It was those lovely golden locks...



But, alas, today, he became a victim of the dreaded roster paring. To make room for Beckett and Timlin as they come off the Disabled List, someone had to get cut. Sadly it was Kyle.Out of options, Kyle was DFA'd. If he clears waivers and is not claimed by another team, he could find himself back in Pawtucket, awaiting the call that will bring him back to the bigs. And we may see him Tuesday, as he collects his World Series ring.

In the meantime, I like to remember him like this - from the World Champions Parade last year:

Good-bye, dear Kyle, and Godspeed.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Tex said...

That along with kyle with Steve are my fav pics of him!!

::sniff sniff:: We'll all miss him very much.

Tall Pitchers :)

7:45 PM  
Blogger sssssssss said...

Those pics are great, Beth! (And I take pride in being the one who tracked down the parade photos!)

I'm so sad for him right now. I can't even articulate it.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Ted D said...

The fact he put that sticker on tells me one thing, Beth.

He GETS it. He realizes what being a member of the Red Sox means, and I wish him nothing but the best. Hopefully, he clears waivers, but I seriously doubt it.

Good luck, Doc. We'll miss you.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

OTOH, what a great comeback story he is! To return to form (pretty much) after an injury-plagued career...

9:07 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

And Tex, if we blew up that first photo, I think we'd see you and your Texas flag in it?!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Tex said...

\And Tex, if we blew up that first photo, I think we'd see you and your Texas flag in it?!/

and Rightly SO!

he IS from Texas ;)

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home