Sunday, March 30, 2008

World Series Predictions

Watching BBTN - several are picking the Chicago Cubs to be in the Series. I kinda hope that's true. I have a colleage who is a HUGE Cubs fan, and I'd love to see it for his sake. Plus, isn't it time for them to lay to rest their two curses - Bartman and the goat.

But these dudes are also saying the Sox won't make it. As a matter of fact, several "experts" even are predicting the JAYS to win the East and the Yanks to get the Wild Card. That leaves the RS out in the cold.

Okayl I remember '05 all too well. Watching the Sox get swept by the White Sox. Sitting in a solitary hotel room in Pittsburgh, drinking beers from Room Service and silently crying at the unfairness of it.

But I dont' see that happening in '08. The Sox are too stacked to end up sitting at home for too many rounds of the playoffs. If we stay healthy, I can't see the Jays (or Baltimore or the Rays or even the Yanks!) beating us.

My dream: Red Sox vs. Braves. I have enough connections to Atlanta (as well as proximity) that I might realize a dream and see a World Series game!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Ted D said...

No way the Blue Jays come through, Beth. Too many holes in the rotation and too many question marks.

8:57 PM  
Blogger HorshamScouse said...

Can't imagine the Jays winning the East. Hard to see past the usual suspects, although it would be sweet if the Yankees missed the playoffs.
Sox, Tigers, Angels, CWS wouls be my picks.

2:52 AM  
Blogger HorshamScouse said...

*would

2:53 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

The team I almost pity are the Orioles. They don't have much left there. OTOH, could make our Baltimore-palooza fun for RS fans!

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home