Monday, March 24, 2008

T minus 10


I am suddenly incredibly excited. Maybe it's watching all the ESPN programs this afternoon, fuming with indignation that Buster Olney would dare to pick the Yankees to win the division (RS as wild card), and predicting the Indians would go to the WS. Maybe it's been reading all the blogs, hearing what the eyewitnesses have reported from Tokyo. Maybe it's being without REAL baseball for nearly 5 months. Whatever the reason - I'M SO PSYCHED FOR TOMORROW!

Yes, real baseball starts tomorrow at 6:05 am. I know it's stupid that the first pitch will be at an hour when you can't toast it with a Sam Adams. I know it's stupid that it's taking place in a land far, far away. And I know it's all about the $$ - Bud Selig is trying to extent MLB's claws into the Far East, to tap into another $$ market. And yet....

And yet...

And yet...It's baseball! It's our team! It's the start of the 2008 title defense! It's a chance to see Pedie, Youk, Papi, Manny, Mikey, JD, Tek, Jacoby, Julio and the Dice in action!! I've got a brand new scorebook, a fresh page to start the story of the '08 season, ready to fill in the lineups and tick off each ball and strike. And so what if it makes me late for work!! See you at 5am, fellow fanatics!!

LET'S GO RED SOX, clap-clap, clap-clap-clap

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Ted D said...

Beth, I've got the alarm set for 5:55 a.m., Ciera is on Spring Break (don't have to drive her to school), and I'm self employed.

WOOT!

I'll try to get on SG, but I doubt I make it before 7:30.

I'm NOT a morning person.

8:22 PM  
Blogger HorshamScouse said...

The chance to toast the start of the season with a Sam Adams would be great (as a nightcap in my case).

My next Sam Adams will probably be in SFO on the way to Baltimore in May.

Hang the expense, have one on me Beth!

12:32 AM  
Blogger Ted D said...

Beth, if DirecTV doesn't get their act together by tomorrow morning, you may see me on the national news.

True story.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Ted: You'll see me on the news as well!!

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home