Sunday, March 23, 2008

Red Sox 2, Japanese Teams 0

AP Photo/Koji Sasahara

So, the Sox today beat the Yomiuri Giants, 9-2, the highlight of which was a grand slam by JD Drew - pictured above with the 3 teammates who scored ahead of him.

I've said all along that I think Drew is going to have a very different year from last year. He had a lot of stuff going on in his life away from the field - a sick child, for one thing, and another on the way, as well as adjusting to life in the Boston spotlight. But he really started to turn things around in the last month of the season - and his grand slam in game 6 of the ALCS made a lot of fans forget those early struggles.

I think his could be the turnaround story of the year. And I suspect that if Drew is hitting, performing up to both his and our expectations, this could be one of the keys to the Red Sox repeating in '08.

And don't expect this output of posts to continue. I have to go back to work on Tuesday!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ted D said...

Drew will have a big year, Beth. I'm convinced of it.

And I'll miss the frequency of the posts! I hope you had a great week off.

7:39 PM  
Blogger HorshamScouse said...

I hope you're right, Beth. All the things messing with his head last year are behind him.

From your last post, the games against the Athletics are on ESPN here. It would be nice if they took the NESN feed.

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home