Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Now that was a relief

Photo by Elsa/Getty Images

After being on the losing end of two fantastic pitching performances by Beckett and Buchholz, the third time proved the charm for the Sox last night. Another pitching duel - this time Jon Lester v. Roy Halladay - another low-offense game. But, the Sox pulled it out in the bottom of the ninth (with two outs, of course) with an RBI single by Youk that scored Big Papi from second. A very exciting climax to a quick game - only 2 hours 18 minutes long - and hopefully the start of good run of victories.

I mean, we're statistically in second place in the AL East - to the Orioles! Yes, yes, it's only April!

And forgive me if I pimp a new blog to which I'm contributing. In the spirit of lolcats, (one of my favorite internet time wasting sites, btw!) check out our lolkyle site!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ted D said...

You people and your Snyder!!

As for last night, how nice was it not to see another fantastic pitching performance wasted?

7:50 PM  
Blogger sssssssss said...

Love the pimp, Beth! I'm thinking of pimping it myself. You're doing a great job over there - I love it!

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home