Friday, July 17, 2009

An Outlander returns to Turner Field

So, continuing our second Red Sox road trip. We flew from DC to Atlanta, and were hit by a massive heat wave. The game time temperatures on Saturday and Sunday were in the mid-90s, quite a shock to the system for my Boston-based buddy! We were so glad that we were staying in a hotel that was literally steps away from Turner Field - we went back after each game and threw away our clothes! :)

Friday, we had another awesome experience. We purchased tickets for a new adventure that the Braves are offering, something they call the "VIP Batting Practice Experience." Kelly and I (and 48 of our closest friends) met up with a guide at 5:15. We were led down onto the field, and we were able to stand behind the batting cages while the teams took batting practice! Several players came over and signed autographs, although we were much more interested in photographing our boys. It was ssssoo cool! We were able to stay down there for over an hour, snapping away.

Our tickets for the game were, as described by Kelly, "in the Park." In the second tier - really too far to take pictures. But we had a fun time - we could just relax and enjoy the Red Sox victory, 4-1. David Ortiz hit a home run, which is always good, and Beckett had 6 Ks over 7 innings. Did I mention that it was hot?

We started the day Saturday at a regional Red Sox Nation gathering, hosted by the Georgia "Governor." Fun to meet folks from all over the south - South Carolina, Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia. The game had been picked up by Fox, so that meant a 4:00 start - yes, not high noon, but still 95 degrees! Yikes! It was a pitchers' duel - Wake vs. Vazquez - and Sox won 1-0. Did I mention that it was hot?

Sunday's game was a 1:35 start, with Tommy Hanson facing Brad Penny. Game time temp was 91 degrees, so we waited as along as possible to get into our seats. We were seated in the "Hank Aaron Seats," which allowed us entrance into the 755 Club. A very nice (cool) spot to literally chill before the game. It was so hot, that I didn't even take my camera out! The Sox came out on the losing end that day, 2-1. And did I mention that it was freakin' hot? Thanks heavens for Nutragena Sunblock SPF85!!

This was my third Red Sox-Braves series at the Ted, so I'm beginning to feel like an old hand. Even on three hot days, there was a nice breeze when you strolled the concourses, which was a great break. I love their Tomahawk Ale - I think it's Bud, but... My only complaint is that there's nothing around the park. We stay right there, but that means you have to have a car and head to downtown or further for something to eat. I guess we get spoiled with how Fenway is set-up with Yawkey Way - but, for me, that is one of the nicest situations.

Here are the pictures!


Remember, if you click on the Picasa icon in the lower right, it'll lead you to the entire album. Enjoy!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Matty said...

Wow! I envy you with the batting practice thing. Lucky you. I'll have to see if the Phillies offer it.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...


Finally I've found something which helped me
https://decor-ksa.com/
http://mchaabaty.com/dawadmi/
http://mchaabaty.com/templates/
http://mchaabaty.com/riyadh/
http://mchaabaty.com/stone/

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home