Monday, January 25, 2010

RIP Pernell Roberts

I was so sad to hear the news this evening that Pernell Roberts passed away. He was my favorite Cartwright brother on Bonanza - the smart one. He always managed to get the best of Hoss and Little Joe - although they often got him back. I can't tell you how many hours I spent watching that classic western, just for a glimpse of Adam.

He quit the show in a dispute with the producers over the quality of scripts, and had a "trouble-making" rep that kept him out of the limelight for a while. But he eventually bounced back in the title role in Trapper John, MD - although by that point I was more enamored of co-star Gregory Harrison. Still, he was a good looking "older man."

So all the Cartwright boys have gone to that great round-up in the sky....

Labels: ,