Monday, December 19, 2005

Sick call

Sorry I haven't updated in two days. I wish I could say I was doing something fun - but, no, I was sick with a stomach virus. A real killer - it comes on you all of a sudden and there's nothing to do except moan and sleep. Luckily, it wraps up fairly quickly - after 48 hours, I'm feeling better every hour. But I could barely lift my head off the pillow yesterday!

So, I missed one big thing. The LA Dodgers are now looking like Fenway West. They signed Nomar yesterday to a one year contract (reportedly $6 million plus a potential for $4 m in bonuses). Hard to believer he turned down that $60 million deal from the Sox just two years ago. Shows how quickly things can change in baseball. So he joins Bill Mueller, Derek Lowe, and Grady Little out there. Somehow I wouldn't be surprised to see Kevin Millar signing as a back-up out there. You remember, Damon said he thought Billy, Kevin and JD might offer themselves as a package somewhere - well, that's two of the three pieces with JD yet to sign as a FA anywhere. Hmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home