Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Ben & Jed & Johnny & Curt

Here's an hysterical post from over at Barstool Sports - shows the organizational chart for the Red Sox!

It looks like Coco Crisp will be joining the Sox, in a trade involving much-anticipated prospect Andy Marte (whom we just acquired from the Braves for Renteria). Crisp says he can play center and bat lead-off, so perhaps he'll be a low-cost solution to the Johnny D. departure.

Speaking of Johnny, this interview on Floridatoday.com really got on my last nerve! Get over it, Johnny, and move on! It was interesting that the columnist says Johnny is still caught up with the Red Sox, and can't really think of himself as a Yankee yet.
He talks from the perspective of leaving the Red Sox, and not that he has joined the Yankees.
This is the part that really irked me:
"It's tough. But you know who it's the toughest on? The kids. Those kids who are fans. They don't understand what happened."
OMG, playing the kid fan card. GAG! And while I agree that he was an important part of the fun and success of '04, I don't think I'd go this far:
"I helped change the culture there"
Hello, Dr. Phil, delusions of grandeur in the outfield! The bottom line is that, for Johnny, it was all about the money. Money for him equals respect, and the Sox dis-respected him by not matching the Yankees' offer. Boo-hoo. At least no more "In style" reports from Mrs. Damon to clutter up our pre-game shows....

And finally. Curt Schilling gave an interview on WEEI this morning. Really upbeat - sounds like he's got a great positive outlook for next year. Very happy that Theo's back. He closes with this note:
I will be in as good as shape as I was, if not better, than when I went into the 2004 season. There's no question about that.

... No reason for me not to [expect 30-40 saves out of Keith Foulke]. From everything I've heard from people that have talked to him, he is in the best shape he's been in in four, five years so I see no reason why he doesn't walk in here and have the same season he had in 2004.

Now that gives us reason to hope!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home