Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Manny being....

Late to camp! According to Gordon Edes' Extra Bases blog:
The Red Sox and Manny Ramirez today issued the following joint statement:

“With the permission of the Boston Red Sox, Manny Ramirez will report to spring training in Fort Myers on March 1, 2006. Manny is in Florida completing an extensive training regimen, and is prepared to have an exceptional season."


Interesting...That means he'll be in camp one day before he reports for the World Baseball Classic. And one wonders what that "extensive training regminen" involves.

Again, can I say that I'm tired of his theatrics?! This makes Manny look bad - especially in light of some of teammate Jonathan Papelbon's statements: (taken from Surviving Grady)

Jon Papelbon: "For me, it's just a matter of going out there, proving myself and keep letting Tito [manager Terry Francona] and [general manager Theo Epstein] and all the guys around me know that I'm here to win and I'm here to contribute in any way I can."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home