Monday, November 20, 2006

Monday morning catch-up

Well, the outcome of Saturday's big game was a bummer - Michigan lost to OSU, 42-39. But on the positive side, it was a well-played, exciting game - totally lived up to the hype. And now the arguments rage -- who should play OSU in the BCS -- who should be given the opportunity to knock off the number one team in the country?

If you want to see a great game - and to see the number one and number two teams in the country play for the national title - then there's no doubt who should be in the BCS bowl. MICHIGAN! They came pretty darn close to knocking off the #1 team on their home field - imagine the game that could result on neutral ground! We'll all be keeping an eye on next week's game - maybe the whole BCS picture will be clearer after Saturday...

The Sox have 24 days left to clinch the deal with Matsuzaka. Apparently, John Henry and Theo were out in LA this weekend meeting with D-Mat and that spawn of the devil, Boras. I am cautiously optimistic!

I saw two movies this weekend - both of which I would recommend. Saturday, I saw "Stranger than Fiction," the new Will Ferrell movie. It was really funny - but often not laugh-out-loud funny, kind of a small chuckle. The performances were really good - even Ferrell was pretty low-key. I must admit, I really like some of his movies (Elf!). On Sunday, I saw "A Good Year," the new Russell Crowe film. I have to say - I love Crowe, very hot - but he's not aging super well. Not looking craggy in that Redford way, but wrinkly. I did enjoy the film - lived up to the NYT review which summed it up in with three P's - pretty, pleasant and predictable.

I probably won't be blogging the rest of the week (unless something super exciting happens) - I'm heading to New England for the Thanksgiving holidays. I think we'll take an excursion to Block Island - always a cool place to go in the off-season!

Gobble gobble!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home