Friday, October 27, 2006

Happy anniversary


Has it really been two years since that glorious night of October 27, 2004?! Was is just two short years ago I was pacing around the house, nervously nibbling on anything in sight, scaring the cat with my shouts and groans? When I was lying on the floor, sobbing with delight and relief?

Although I hope that we will one day soon repeat those victory scenes, I can't imagine they will generate the emotions that 2004 did. That's not a bad thing - those were glorious days for which we can cherish the memories. And I can't imagine another version of the BoSox generating the feelings I have for that '04 team. Just seeing them playing today - even if for another team, even not playing as well - makes me feel so good. I'll always scan the box scores, looking for Bellhorn or Millar or Roberts - and always be interested in how they did the night before.

I think I may have to break out the Game 4 DVD tonight - it's raining and miserable here, and the thought of curling up with that next to the first cozy fire of the season...hmmm!