Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Two fun photos

Two pictures that are making me quite happy this morning! Actually, this first is from yesterday's NY Daily News --

Yes, the Yankee loss to the Tigers on Saturday is still making me happy. I believe the term being used throughout RS Nation is "schadenfreude" - which means revelling in the misfortunes of others. I wish the Sox hadn't lost, but the Yankee loss is still fun. Especially since so many so-called experts had them as absolute favorites.

And now all the finger-pointing has begun. The article above just reiterates something I've been saying for a while - that there is no clubhouse leadership from Captain Intangibles. He has been quoted several times as saying it's not his job to unify the team, to promote an atmosphere in the clubhouse that is conducive to bonding. Well, if that isn't the Captain's job, what is? You can argue the he led by being clutch, by example even. But look at Tek. Yeah, his numbers offensively took a huge dive this year. But look what happened to the team when he was out - they took a total nosedive. I didn't see the same thing happen when CI missed a few games.

But anyway---

Here's the other thing that's making me happy today:



Yahoo! The tentative 2007 schedule! No times or anything of course, but for my future planning purposes and daydreams, this is awesome. And what makes me happiest? Seeing those games vs. Baltimore at the end of July/beginning of August! I had almost come to terms with the fact that I probably wouldn't get to any games at Fenway next summer - it looked like they'd be away the whole time I would be in New England. But now - yahoo!! I can slip up there for a game - or two! Life is good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home