Sunday, October 15, 2006

Congratulations, Tigers!

Well done, Tigers! Fantastic finish to a great series yesterday - Ordonez hits the game winning home run in the bottom of the ninth with two outs. They've got a week off until the World Series starts next Saturday.

Favorite sign: "There are no A's in *World Series*"

When I heard Jim Leyland say this at the post-game presser, I couldn't help but think of the Yankees:
``I think early on in spring training we had a lot of good players. We didn't have a good team,'' Leyland said. ``And today I can make the statement that we've got a good team, and that's the thing that I'm proudest of.''
You can say all you want about how fantastic Joe Torre is (or was), but that's one big thing he was never able to accomplish this year. He never made that bunch of overpaid all-stars into a TEAM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home