Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A Complaint

I am a proud graduate of the University of Michigan, and as a grad student, spent many hours researching in the archives at the Gerald R Ford Presidential Library. I supported Ford when he ran for President in 1976 - hey, it was during a brief rebellious period when I flirted with the Republican Party. I admired him, and think he had an incredible life of service to our country. I watched his funeral today, and shed a tear or two.

That said, WHY do we not get mail today?! We haven't had any since Saturday. It's ridiculous.

PS - about the funeral. I thought Kissinger and Brokaw were wonderful - Brokaw in particular was poignant and funny, too. Little Bushie, however - his speech read like an essay one of my 11th graders would have written for American history. It even read like the Wikipedia articles they crib from....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home