Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Dangerous words

Tonight was our faculty Christmas party. As a background, I'm on the faculty of an all-boys school here in the Scenic City, which means the majority of my colleagues are men. They really get a kick out of the fact that I'm a RS fan, and are always engaging me in baseball conversations. So tonight, I found myself engaged in a baseball conversation with two colleagues, one a huge Cubs fan and the other a die-hard Orioles fan. They were baiting me about Dice-K, and I found myself saying some dangerous words. "Baby, just look for us in the 2007 World Series. Because the Sox will be there." And instead of feeling instant remorse and fear that I had jinxed it, I realized I truly believed it. At this moment, I think we look sssoo awesome!!

And on a totally unrelated note, this site is a totally awesome link to nearly every media adaptation for Christmas. Links to Charlie Brown's Christmas, hundreds of videos - even the infamous Star Wars Christmas special!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home