Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sunday night

So, the Matsuzaka watch is down to 4 days, and 3 hours plus. Will they get the deal done? I think so. All of the parties have a LOT to lose if the deal isn't made.

But I'm too full of the Christmas spirit to obsess about the Red Sox tonight. I got my Christmas tree yesterday - wrestled it successfully out of Lowe's - and got it up and decorated today. I love having a "real" tree. I know it would be much easier to have an artificial one - and probably a lot prettier if I had a pre-lit one - but there's something about having that piney smell in the house. The cat loves it, too - she sits right under it as if she was out in the forest!

My favorite part of putting up the tree is getting out all my ornaments. Some people do theme trees, some of my friends actually decorate by color (like all red and white ornaments!) - me, I have tons of ornaments I've collected over the years in my travels. I've got Santa climbing the Eiffel Tower, my Fenway and Bo Sox ornaments, a poker chip from Atlantic City, and several from Block Island. First on the tree is the Christmas Pickle; second is the Jimmy Fund Fenway; third is the Christmas spider. I love to see them all.

I'm going to be cooking Christmas Eve dinner for some of my friends - I'm already working on the menu!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home