Sunday, January 28, 2007

Looking toward 2007

Okay, now that I've secured tickets for a three-game series at Fenway, and know that I'm going to at least one game at vs. the Braves and one game vs. the Padres, I'm starting to look forward to the 2007 season. Only three weeks until pitchers and catchers report to Fort Myers, and only 65 days until Opening Day. I actually bought two brand new scorebooks this weekend, so I'm nearly ready for the season. Only one more item on my to-do list: buy a Mike Lowell jersey. Which brings me to...

Recently, rumors and reports have emerged that the RS are in talks with Colorado to acquire the service of Todd Helton. Hmm. I'm intrigued by the idea - he's been pretty amazing for the Rockies - but what will that mean for Mikey? Youks would shift to third, Helton at 1st...and Mike?? I HATE for us to lose his service on a daily basis - not only his awesome defense, but, yes, the pleasing aesthetics he brings to each game....

Do I spring for the jersey? I suppose if I wait to buy one for any player, they quickly become outdated. And I'm still able to recycle: Millar for my Orioles games this summer, Bronson if I go to Cincy; Bellhorn for our hometown assignations...But if Mikey goes, who will be my new fav? Guess I better go study my media guide....

ETA: I just caught the link to this on Deadspin. It is an hysterical look at 1864 baseball by Conan O'Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home