Monday, February 12, 2007

Happy Truck Day!

Yes, today is Truck Day! It's a much more exciting harbinger of Spring than some old groundhog. Today, at Number One Yawkey Way, the Red Sox staff packed up their stuff and headed to Fort Myers for Spring Training. Yes, the crisp new uniforms are on board, the bats and balls, and all the computers and SABR printouts. Yes, it's nearly spring now.

And here's a welcome sight from Monday in Fort Myers:

Josh Beckett tosses a pitch...Yeah!

And to make this day even more perfect, this morning the reunited Police announced their tour dates for this summer. Yes, they are indeed playing at Fenway on July 28th, just when I will happen to be in New England. I MUST go! I blew off seeing them on their first tour of the US in 1978 - they played a gig at little old RI College, but I thought they looked "weird" in their picture. In 1983, I literally stood in the snow all night in Ann Arbor to get tickets to see them on the Syncronicity tour - it was a life-changing night for me! I had such a crush on Stewart Copeland. Sigh. I have to see them!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home