Thursday, February 08, 2007

Thursday already - yeah!

Just a few quick notes on a lazy Thursday...
Yes, wow, A-Rod has written a children's book. Here's Amazon's description:
It's the story of a boy named Alex who knows what it's like to swing at a wild pitch or have a ball bounce right between his legs. Alex is determined not to let his mistakes set him backā€”even if it means getting up at the crack of dawn to work on his hitting and fielding before school each day!
Awww. Who better to write a book about a boy who folds under pressure? I've already added it to my cart on Amazon..

A follow-up to the story last week about the parents asked to leave an AirTran flight because their kid was having a major melt-down. People this week covers the story - and I love this part:
But the real indignity, they say, came when the Kuleszas told their story to the Worcester Telegram & Gazette, anticipating an outcry against the airline. Instead there was an outcry against the Kuleszas. "We received over 8,000 calls and emails," says AirTran VP Tad Hutcheson. "Right now we're holding strong at 90 percent in favor of the airline."
Ha!

Pitchers and catchers report in one week!! Yeah!

Lots recently about DirectTV making an exclusive deal with MLB to broadcast their Extra Innings package. I guess it's broadcast over cable in many areas, and those who don't choose to add the dish will not be able to have access to the package. Of course, I had the opposite experience. I wanted digital cable and the EI package, but it's not offered in this area. So I had to get a dish if I wanted to see any Red Sox games. And, I tell you, it's some of the best money I spend every month during baseball season!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home