Saturday, October 13, 2007

ALCS Game 1

So, Beckett settled down after a first inning homerun to "Pronk" - a really strong outing. On the other hand, Sabathia = not quite so good. The combination of Ortiz and Ramirez were on base all ten times they came to the plate - a new record. Mikey and Manny each had 3 RBIs - and a Lowell's postgame interview was muy sexy! SIGN HIM NOW!!

The Red Sox ended wtih 10 runs, 12 hits. Beckett: 6 innings pitched, 7 strike outs, 0 walks, and 2 earned runs. He only threw 80 pitches - but I'm not sure that makes him eligible to pitch game 4. I guess that decision depends on how the next three games go. I like the RS focus on each game, one at a time. I'm a big believer in just focusing on the small steps you need to take to reach your goal. It's the reason I was successful at Weight Watchers - I never tried to look at the "big" picture - at how far I had to go to reach my goal weight. Instead, I marked the small milestones - my first five pounds, when I lost ten percent of my starting weight, on being able to wear clothes that hadn't fit when I started. Those small steps led me down the path to success - and that's the philosophy the RS seem to have adopted. Just concentrate on this pitch, this out, this half-inning...and they'll add up to victory.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home