Sunday, October 07, 2007

ALDS Game 3

Coming up: Game 3 of the Division Series. Curt "Big Daddy" Schilling vs. Jared Weaver. I love this quote from Curt during his press conference yesterday:
“It’s like Josh goes through a lineup with a bazooka for the most part, and Daisuke is like a machine gun and I’ve turned into a guy who has to use a sniper rifle, pick my spots and pick my targets and execute perfectly.”

And this note from the AP:
George Steinbrenner says Joe Torre most likely won't return to the New York Yankees unless they overcome their deficit against the Cleveland Indians and reach the AL championship series.

"His job is on the line," the owner was quoted in Sunday's editions of The Record. "I think we're paying him a lot of money. He's the highest-paid manager in baseball, so I don't think we'd take him back if we don't win this series."

Rogah on the mound for the Yanks tonight...

Labels: ,