Sunday, October 21, 2007

Gettin closer to game time!

I just had to post this photo from my buddy Kelly:


This afternoon, ESPN Classic has been running the best World Series comeback games, and of course they ran Game 6 of the 1975 Series, the game that ended with Carlton Fisk's 12th inning home run off the left field foul pole. What a classic. I remember my mother allowing me to stay up just until the end of the inning - it was a school night, after all. Pudge was my very favorite player, so that home run sent me into a frenzy. The foul pole in left has been renamed the Fisk Pole - but the original is preserved in the private box area of Fenway:
But my other favorite on that team was Dwight Evans. Dewey. What an arm - he fired that ball in from right. Guns. And he has aged ssoo well - check out that picture!

Channeling some 1975 magic, I hope!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home