Friday, October 26, 2007

Lowell news

Love this from the Boston Herald:

Even before Lowell came through with his double in the fifth inning that drove in David Ortiz [stats], general manager Theo Epstein offered a ray of hope that the veteran might stick around.

“(Re-signing Lowell is) a priority for the offseason, and I’m sure we’ll be able to get something done,” Epstein said of his pending free agent. “We have a desire to keep him here a long time. He’s a core member of the organization. It’s just not the time to talk about that.”

.......

“I guess that’s good,” Lowell said of Epstein’s confidence. “It sounds like I got an endorsement from the GM, but I really don’t know how to respond.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger beckperson said...

I know how to respond, Mike:

"I'd like someone to hand me a pen so I can sign a contract right this very minute."

How's that???

7:23 PM  
Blogger Tex said...

if i could give you a thumbs up I would.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home