Monday, June 02, 2008

Oh Hai!

I've gotten back from seeing three of the four game series in Baltimore. An absolutely fantastic weekend - good weather, good friends, cold beer - and three wins! And top that off with Manny hitting home run #500 - awesome!
I was going nuts when Manny hit the homer Saturday night, knew I couldn't really capture it, but here he is crossing home plate. The stadium absolutely exploded - not only the Sox fans, but the Orioles' fans really showered Manny with love. The ovation continued non-stop thru Lowell's short at bat, and as Manny came back out to Right Field. Chill inducing.

I'll have more later - share some photos and anecdotes. Here's start - when I went thru security in the Chattanooga Airport, the TSA guys were kidding me as they looked at the xray. Hmm, two cameras, binoculars...are you a bird watcher? I said, no, but I was going to watch the RS kill some birds this weekend!

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Ted D said...

Beth, that picture of Lopez and Timlin is fantastic!

Really glad you all had a great weekend and I was really happy SG had a presence at the game for #500.

Looking forward to reading about the trip!

8:02 PM  
Blogger Tex said...

EXCELLENT Retort!! and I love the "wave" :)

8:16 PM  
Blogger sssssssss said...

That photo so rocks.

Miss you already! Had such a fabulous time!!

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home