Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It's over at last!

Photo by Jim McIsaac

I can't believe that I stayed up for the entire All Star Game last night. Somewhere around midnight, I began questioning my sanity; after all, "it's only an exhibition." You reach the point, however, when you've invested so much time and energy into a game that you just can't quit. You know that as soon as you turn out the lights and close your eyes, someone will pull a triple play or hit a grand slam. So you keep watching.

Which isn't to say I'm not happy with the outcome. The American League won, assuring the Sox of home field advantage in the World Series. Although, as was pointed out by several people, if the AL had lost, it would have meant that the Sox could have completed their four game sweep of the Series at home. Oh well.

And JD Drew being named MVP was sweet. What a turn around for him. I take back any dark thoughts I directed toward Theo when he signed the once-fragile JD. He has rebounded so incredibly this year - he might be our team MVP by season's end. With a healthy Papi back in the lineup next year, I'm predicting an explosive August and September!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home