Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Playing catchup!

Phew! Where did the week go? I just realized today that I hadn't added a new entry here in over a week. I'm still enamored of my new toy, Facebook, and that's what's been keeping me occupied! But now that baseball is starting to gear back up....

1. ARod - I finally got the new Sports Illustrated - and was a little disappointed in the article about his steroid use. I guess because I'd read most of it before I got the magazine! (I'm more than a little worried about the future of the printed media). His press conference last week was very interesting, as was all the post-presser analysis, especially by the New York press. It's going to be a very interesting season for the Yankees, I think. Of course, as a Red Sox fan, I say - the more distractions for them, the better.

I do wonder about those other guys on "the list." How would you feel if you were one of them right now? Hoping no one finds out? Wanting to publicly admit and get it over with?

I know that if I were one of the 900 who tested negatively, I would be shouting it loudly. Right now every player from this era is being eyed suspiciously - and plenty of players who had the same opportunities to indulge and didn't are being looked at as cheaters. They deserve a huge pat on the back!

2. Academy Awards - hey, I picked 18 out of 23. Not bad! Even got a few of the technical catagories, which usually do me in. In general, I enjoyed the broadcast. Loved Hugh Jackman's opening musical number, but I thought the second number was one too many. I also enjoyed the way they introduced the acting awards, having past winners salute the nominees. Very touching.

And I was psyched that the theme from Slumdog Millionaire won best song. It is the most infectious song! I have it on my iPod and really wished I spoke Hindi so I could sing along:


A pretty good version!

3. MLB Network: My love affair continues. This week, they've shifted from the "Hot Stove" report to their new prime time program, "MLB Tonight." It's the same format as Hot Stove -with a rotating group of commentators and ex-players. Once the season starts, they'll be on for the whole night, with live "look-ins" on games in progress, analysis and on-field interviews. On their first show - last night - they said that the format will continue to evolve as time progresses, but they anticipate the cast working in two or three hour shifts.

I will have to start working out my "clicker finger" - because I think I'll be doing a lot of clicking this season!

4. Speaking of broadcasts: tomorrow night is the first live NESN game of the season! Yeah - RemDawg and DO on my tv at 7:05. Life is good!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger HorshamScouse said...

//How would you feel if you were one of them right now?//
Do they know if they tested positive, or, vice versa, do the 900 know they tested clear?

If the tests were confidential, how or why would either group be told?

Well done on the Oscar front. I hope you got some bets on!

11:01 PM  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

zzzzz2018.4.25
coach outlet store online
ecco shoes
adidas outlet
nike shoes
fitflops sale clearance
supreme clothing
air huarache
coach outlet online
issey miyake perfume
cheap nike shoes

1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home