Wednesday, February 04, 2009

A rant about crazy drivers

When I was growing up in Rhode Island, there was a regional joke about awful drivers. All of the worst drivers, the story went, came from Massachusetts. There were even bumper stickers out there that said "Don't blame me, I'm from Massachusetts." It was even more hilarious to us because my dad was from Mass. Every time he did some crazy maneuver, my mom would roll her eyes and blame his state of origin. (Of course, she also let him teach us all to drive, furthering the craziness into the next generation).

But I have discovered that the craziest drivers are NOT from Massachusetts. They are, in fact, all in North Georgia. Living close to the Georgia/Tennessee line, it seems like every other car is an invader from south of our border. In recent weeks, I've noticed a disturbing trend. Every time I see someone pulling in front of another driver, failing to merge, failing to use their turn signal, going 50 in a 35 mile an hour zone, going 35 in a 55 mile an hour zone, or see a driver chatting on the phone instead of paying attention to the road - the license plate invariably is from northern Georgia. Walker County, Catoosa County... they are all menaces on the road.

I wish they would stay in their own land. Surely they have their own Walmarts and Sam's Clubs down there. I bet there's even a Hobby Lobby they can go patronize.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home