Monday, July 20, 2009

On the road again

Just checking in - via my beloved netbook.

On the road again- this time en route to visit my family in New England. Of course, this will include 3 games at Fenway over the weekend - the three game series vs. the Orioles. I hope we see the return of Cla Meredith - that would make Kelly very happy!

The long drive today - 614 miles! - was eased by listening to audio books. They really make the miles fly by. I listened to a Jim Dale reading of "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland." Dale is an amazing reader of audio books - his Harry Potters are fantastic, as is his reading of "A Christmas Carol." Wow, I'd forgotten how absurd Carroll's work is! But the best part of the trip was the last 2 1/2 hours - I got out David Halberstam's "The Teammates." It's the story of the lifelong friendship of four Red Sox teammates: Bobby Doerr, Johnny Pesky, Dom DiMaggio and Ted Williams. I read the book several years ago - and loved it! This reading - by Tate Donovan, who will forever by Jennifer Anniston's ex, to me! - is wonderful. Perfect for the last leg - when I was really running out of energy and needed a caffeinated boost - it went by so fast. I had a smile on my face and tiny tear in my eye. Such a wonderful story - and the author so captures these four wonderful men.

Good time to revisit this photo:


On to New England tomorrow!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home