Sunday, August 09, 2009

Bon Voyage & Good Luck, Justin

The trade deadline came and went while I was on Block Island, but thanks to the Internet and DirecTV, I was tuned into the whole ordeal. Only time will tell how our trade for Victor Martinez will work out, but I am sad to see Justin Masterson go off to Cleveland. Don't get me wrong, I think this might make him a star - he got his first start last night, althoughhad no decision. He's got a real opportunity to carve a niche for himself on a team that's rebuilding.

And I'm not the only one who will miss him:

β€œHe would give me a hug, and I would feel good about myself.’’
--Red Sox reliever Manny Delcarmen, in the Globe, on recently traded friend Justin Masterson



So Good Luck! We'll miss you, Justin

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home