Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Random Wednesday Thoughts

I like this opportunity to ramble on about a few things!

When I looked at my "google news alerts" this morning, it led me to this article in the Clanton (AL) Advertiser. The author gives his recommendations on what the Braves need to do in the off-season. My favorite part is at the end:
Spare parts - You can't win without a good bench. Jose Vizcaino, who only gets hits when 100 million people are watching, can play anywhere on the infield. First baseman Kevin Millar isn't much of a defensive substitution, but he can hit and play the outfield when needed.
Wow, the thought of the Cowboy being just down the road is awesome!! I may actually have to start watching some Braves games!

Surviving Grady this morning is looking for the top 3 moves the Red Sox should make in the off-season. Here's my list:
  1. Sign Johnny Damon. Since it looks like the Yanks and Matsui have settled on a new contract and they've made it clear they really aren't interested in JD, I think the Sox might be the only bidders for his services. Of course, he's got that evil Scott Boras as his agent, who's renowned for holding out for oodles of cash, so the negotiations might stretch out a while. But, face it, like Manny, they're aren't many teams that are going to put up with some of the off-the-field stuff that the Sox do.
  2. Re-sign Billy Mueller - even if it's only for a year. I think Kevin Youkilis is a great on-base guy, and a pretty good infielder. But Mueller has been one of the key Sox these past threes, and horribly overlooked. Solid defense, reliable offense - they don't call him the Professional for nothing. I still think Youk could play first.
  3. Get some pitching. If we're going to lose David Wells, if Keith Foulke and Curt Schilling are still questionable - we've lost Wade Miller and Matt Mantei - who's left? Yeah, we've got Papelbon and DelCarmen coming up, but go find us somebody - quick!

About time Albert Pujols won the MVP. He's been so consistent - but overshadowed by "Balco Barry" Bonds. Way to go!

I can't wait to see Lost tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home