Sunday, November 27, 2005

Rent

I got to see the new movie Rent today. I have to admit I went into the movie with no preconceptions - I'd never seen the play, heard the soundtrack or even read much about it beyond that it was loosely based on La Boheme (which I have seen). I really like the film! Great music. The cast is filled with those who originated the roles (with two exceptions) - and I think they were pretty much still beliveable as the young bohemians. (the exception was Jesse L. Martin - who I loved in the part - but still looked a little long in the tooth for the part).

My one observation about it: I don't think I'd jump into the bohemian lifestyle - looks pretty sad and empty. Yes, they had great friends, but how many of them seemed truly happy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home