Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Jessie's Chicken

Over twenty years ago, when I was first entering the working world, my sister Kathy gave me a cookbook that her Junior League group in Rocky Hill, CT, had published. I'm not sure I've ever used any recipes in it - except one. It's called Jessie's Chicken, and it's a regular in my cooking routine. I made it this weekend - it's so easy and so good. And if you use low-fat ingredients, it's about 6 points per serving.

Jessie's Chicken
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
1 can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
1/2 can white wine
1 pkg. low-fat Swiss cheese slices (optional)
1 pkg. Pepperidge Farms dry stuffing mix

Put ingredients in a 13 x 9" baking dish in the order listed. Spray top with non-fat butter spray (optionally, use pats of butter). Cover with foil. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 30 minutes.

It's yummy - and so easy. Perfect on a night when you're running late and need something easy to prepare. Or on a cold winter night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home