Sunday, March 25, 2007

Home again!

So, I finally made it to DC! Only 2 days later than anticipated. And what crazy weather - 45 degrees one day, 75 the next. Phew! (Of course it was 87 today here in the Scenic City - I dread July). Anyway, here are some photos:

At the Vietnam Memorial.

This is the fountain in front of the Library of Congress (my mother ship!). I love this one, because it shows the power of my "baby" - you can literally see the water drops. Cool.

I love gargoyles - and this one from Washington National Cathedral seems made to order for me.

A Red Sox batting helmet, yes. But not just any batting helmet. It belonged to Yaz! It's in the collection of the Museum of American History at the Smithsonian.

This is a frieze from a ceiling in the Library of Congress. It's based on ancient Greek friezes of athletic events - but this has a modern twist. If you look closely, you can see that this is a team of baseball players! All dressed as Greek athletes did - that is, naked. Now if only our Sox would go back to the old fashioned ways...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home