Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Random Wednesday Thoughts

I'm going to try to continue this tradition during the 07 season!

1) So, they think they've found the root of Beckett's blister problem. It's eczema run amok! According to Bradford:

After doing tests last year it was determined that blisters usually coincided with outbreaks of eczema. To help battle the condition he took supplements of C0Q10.

Funny - did the Marlins never take the time to have him fully examined? Or our docs just more thorough?!

2) So, if you can't get enough of Curt Schilling, you can now read his blog, 38 Pitches. The first two entries are pretty interesting - he goes into some of his inner thoughts while he's on the mound. He also has enabled the comments section, and is actually responding to a few questions. I thought this one on his relationship with Tek was interesting:
Ya. I am making it abundantly clear that when Tek and I differ opinions, 99 times out of one hundred, he’s right.
Where I get in trouble is internally, not doing the things I need to do at times when he calls something I am not expecting.
He’s as prepared as any person on the planet to do his job, and when he wants something he will usually go right back to it after the pitcher shakes it off, thereby saying, without actually saying anything, that he’s got a feel or has seen something that will work better than whatever it is I planned or we had talked about.
Those are the times when, as a pitcher, you have to commit to his pitch and make it. I have, more than once, thrown a pitch I didn’t mentally commit to, and gotten beat by it.
When the ball gets whacked it always falls on the pitcher, if you can’t commit to the pitch, don’t throw it.
Seems easy enough but it’s a hard lesson to learn.
It'll be interesting to follow this blog over the course of the season.

3) Great to see Jon Lester in action! What an incredible story of survival and resiliency. How can you not root for him?

4) And the Pap is back! Just watching him on the recap of today's ST game against the Mets. Wow. 4 Ks over 3 scoreless inning. I hope he sustain this form over the course of 6 or 7 or 8 innings! That intense look of his on the mound...whoa.

5) Speaking of the game, I heard the ending on Game Day Audio - a walk off grand slam to win the game. I don't know who Ed Rogers is, but you know this is a memory he'll cherish. Even if he never plays in another MLB game.

6) Dice-K. Yes, I'm pretty psyched about him. As a matter of fact, I think our starting rotation looks pretty darn awesome. The Bull Pen, however, is keeping me awake nights....

7) And a random note. Be very careful of static electricity when listening to your iPod. I nearly blew my brains out Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home