Friday, March 30, 2007

Only 3 days to go!

Only three days until my long national nightmare is over. The start of baseball season! It officially starts Sunday night, but for me, it starts Monday at 4:05 - the Red Sox vs. Kansas City. Live on NESN - and ESPN, too, I think. I believe I'll be deferring my lunch hour until 3:30 - so I can be home in time for the first pitch!

MLB today further angered me. They've banned Johnny Pesky from the Red Sox dugout during games. On the one hand, I guess I can understand - having extra people in the dugout could get out of control. How would I feel if the Yankees invited Bernie Williams to sit there - the chance he'd decipher all kinds of signals and pitching tendencies. But, hey, this is our Johnny. He's 87 years old - the man has given his life for baseball, and it's probably what's keeping him alive at this point. Why not let him suit up and sit next to Manny? Maybe they could allow anyone over the age of 85 to sit there?

I'm also ticked at NESN & Direct Tv. They are not allowing out-of-market fans to access the RS specials on tonight. No season preview show, no Remy Awards. Boo Hoo.

The new Gameday is kinda cool! Hey, and Manny just hit a homer! Yeah! Interesting that the Phillies announcers said they expect more for these two games vs. the Sox than for their opening game. Kinda sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home