Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Random Wednesday Thoughts

For March 28th:

1) I haven't commented on all the pitching drama at Fort Myers this spring. All I can say is that I'm REALLY glad Papelbon decided to go back into the pen and be the closer. After watching him last season, I can't imagine him in another role. That intense stare as he looks in to read the sign from Tek...whoa, gives me chills! I especially love his comment that he wants to play the role of closer for the rest of his career. "I want to be Mariano Rivera." Teh awesome

2) Only 5 days until the season opener in Kansas City. Our long national nightmare is nearly over....

3) I am really enjoying Curt's blog over at 38pitches.com I think it's great that a player can sidestep the often nasty Boston media and answer his fans directly. Some of his commentary on his pitching, really helps you get into the mind of a professional ballplayer. It's fascinating stuff.

4)The most incredible blog I read today is the "Project A-13." Some Yankee fan is using the internet to try to garner support of A-Rod - to stop the booing. You can't make this stuff up:
Are you tired of being against him? Are you tired of expecting him to fail, and standing up to boo when he does so? Are you tired of not feeling good about having Alex Rodriguez play third base for your favorite team? If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, you are ready. Welcome to The Movement
Wow.

5) Speaking of the Yanks, their drama shifts now to the Front Office. It has often been assumed that the heir to Steinbrenner is his son-in-law Steve Swindal. Well, today Mrs. Swindal (Steinbrenner's daughter) filed for divorce. Hmmm.

6) Congrats to Nomar and Mia Hamm- they had twins earlier today. Two little girls. There is some serious sports dna.

7) Booked my Red Sox Road Trip today!! Three games each in Atlanta, San Diego and Seattle. Awesome.

9) I have a well-known love of Crocs. And I saw these today - the official U of Michigan Croc! I may have to get them!

8) On a person note: today is my birthday!! Ironically, I usually don't like to celebrate it too much - even though my friends will urge me to. So, this year, I thought, yeah, I'd like to celebrate somehow. And not a single friend suggested we do something! So I took myself out to my favorite splurge restaurant, and had a wonderful meal. A total indulgence - and I was so glad I did! (I also ordered my new Mike Lowell shirt - yeah!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home