Thursday, April 26, 2007

Random Wednesday Thoughts

Actually had this post ready yesterday - which was, in fact, Wednesday - but forgot to hit publish!

A beautiful sunny day here - time for some ramblings:
1) I know it's only April but I can't tell you the joy I feel in seeing the Yankees in last place in the division. I know - they'll be back- but let me bask for a moment or two...

2)Finished basking - and hopefully, so have the Sox. The two games against Toronto were a real letdown - but I think they felt spent. I know I sure did. We're off on a road trip now - two games in Baltimore at Fenway South - and then three at Yankee Stadium. I can't imagine the weekend games could top the first three - but I'll be glued to the tv nonetheless. (Well, except for Saturday - I'm sure we'll get the National League game)

3) Mike Lowell is hot! Well, in general, yes, but also at the plate. He had two homers the other nght - has a five game hitting streak going. Amazing sometimes how being in a contract year effects ones production. It's amazing to think that last year he started as such a question mark - and he's really emerged as a team leader.

4) This year's pleasant surprise is pitcher Hideki Okajima (or "Oki," as Francona is calling him!) He flew under the radar - at his signing, we were more interested in that "other" Japanese pitcher. But Oki came out Friday and shut down the Yankees in front of a rabid Fenway crowd - and still was smiling. Looking forward to his performance this year.

5) Millar tonight! I really miss seeing him - I hope he makes an appearance or two on NESN. He would be a great presence in the NESN booth when he retires - he's absolutely hysterical!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home