Saturday, July 05, 2008

I choose to ignore

Photo by Jim McIsaac (whose work I am loving of late!)
Today's Red Sox-Yankees game was carried nationally by the despised Fox Network. They have increased my hatred by deciding folks in my area would rather watch the Cubs-Cardinals game. So I had to resort to my backup: MLB Game Day Audio. (The only reason I pony up the money to be a member of "Red Sox Nation" is to get free access to this service). Now, I am a visual learner - I do much better if I can read or watch rather than hear something. So, normally I would also follow along on the SG chat and GameDay Live on mlb.com.

However, Comcast has decided they don't want me to have fast access. For the second day in a row, I have experienced extreme slowdowns in access. Yesterday, after an hour of no access, I called Comcast; after screwing around on their end, they decided they needed to send a technician. When? Sometime between 8 and 5 today. Aaargh. Miraculously, by 6pm, I was back at full function - and was whizzing around the net this morning. So I cancelled. But, between this same time frame today - 2pm and 6pm - I again experienced problems. Aaargh.

In order to preserve my audio connection, I had to shut down everything else. Talk about frustrating!! So, since I was not able to actually see the game, nor participate in any discussions of it, I choose to ignore that the game ever happened. I will pretend we are going for a sweep tomorrow.

Seriously, I'm bummed we lost - but not in despair. It was a very close game - it was within our grasp to win it several times - and it's made us doubt that the Yanks will be a contender this year. I never count them out - but comparing what I saw in Tampa


with what I've seen in the Bronx of late - I think we all should be much more worried about the Rays.

In the meantime, here's Tim Wakefield playing some air trumpet to a Sinatra tune:


Now, don't you feel better?!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tex said...

nice pics but i chose to drown myself in tek's thighs on my blog. pleasing to the eye and tasty to boot

10:03 PM  
Blogger Ted D said...

Beth, I have to agree with you. Those boys in Tampa worry me a whole lot more than the circus in New York right now.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home