Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving. By tradition, it's a day of overeating - and giving thanks for all the blessings of the past year.

So, what am I thankful for this year? It goes without saying I'm thankful for rediscovering my Sox - for the wonderful fun times, as well as the stresses and disappointments. I'd rather be disappointed that we lost in the ALCS than go back to those dark days when things were so bad, well, disappointment isn't even close to describing the accompanying feelings.

I'm thankful that in the midst of the current economic problems, I have a job - and a job I love. A job in a place where I'm appreciated, and cared for by the community.

I'm so thankful to have lived to see the first African-American president elected. To have experienced that Election Night - all the emotions - was awesome. I just hope some day I can give thanks for our first female President.

But I'm most thankful for my friends and family. I've struggled with some health issues of late, and my friends really stepped up and helped me out tremendously. Getting groceries for me, taking me to the doctor, just coming by and keeping my spirits up. I so appreciate all the little things they've done - I don't know how I'll repay them! But that's behind me now, the sun is shining today - all is right with the world!

Happy Thanksgiving to all! And now, I'm off to overeat and overconsume adult beverages! Cheers!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Ted D said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Beth.

4:33 PM  
Blogger HorshamScouse said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Beth. I'm glad to hear your health issues are behind you.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home