Sunday, November 02, 2008

Undecided voters

The Presidential election is now just two days away. Because I've been home lately, I've been watching a lot of the coverage. Okay, I admit it, I can't imagine anything happening at this point that would turn me into a Republican supporter. I've been firmly in the Democratic column since...oh...well, since my one young mistake of voting for Reagan. Twice.

But I can't imagine ANYONE at this point truly being undecided. How, after all these months (years) of primaries, conventions, debates, ads, misinformation - how can you have NO opinion?? But apparently, there are some out there, and today's New York Times has interviews with several. This part in particular kills me:
While many people in this campaign-saturated country are relieved that the election will soon be over, some of the undecideds figure, What’s the rush? “I might flip a coin,” said Vasilios Gerovasiliou, 64, of Concordville, PA
Flip a flippin' coin?? In one of the most important elections in recent memory, you would flip a coin??

What's frightening is the outcome of the election - and the future of our country - could be decided by wishy-washy voters like this.

Whatever your opinion, wherever you stand, whoever you support - GET OUT AND VOTE ON TUESDAY!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger HorshamScouse said...

I couldn't agree more, Beth. How anyone could vote after tossing a coin is beyond me. OTOH, how anyone could vote McCain/Palin is beyond me too.

//I've been home lately//

That's twice in three blogs. You OK Beth?

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home