Sunday, March 01, 2009

Get well soon, RemDawg

NESN photo

Although I have loved watching baseball again on NESN - they've broadcast two games so far - I really miss Jerry Remy in the booth. He and Don Orsillo make the Sox broadcasts "must-see" tv. Whether it's livening up a boring, one-sided game, sharing his insider insights, or his general silliness, the games just fly by when he and DO are broadcasting.

According to Orsillo, Jerry is sidelined with a "chest infection" he caught while on vacation. He's recuperating in Boston.

Get well soon, RemDawg. I hope we have you back where you belong for next week's gamecast!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Ted D said...

Given that Remy is a smoker, I hope this isn't something that lingers. And for your previous post, I get the USA Today every day during the week. I can't imagine not reading an actual paper too.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Trot's Hat said...

It just doesn't feel official without Remy! I am impressed with how DO is handling things, though.
And, also from your last post, I get the Globe emailed to me everyday and, while it's nice to keep caught up, there is nothing like having an actual newspaper to read.

7:29 PM  
Blogger HorshamScouse said...

Chest infections are par for the course for smokers. I used to get bronchitis every year in Autumn, then I gave up.

Used to read the Guardian then the Times every day but fell out of the habit a few years ago. There are two heavyweights here, the Dominion Post and the NZ Herald but I've rarely read them. :(

10:41 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

This does seem to be lingering - but I'm sure he's getting good care. I loved how Theo accused him yesterday of basically "pulling a Manny"!

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home