Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A happy day for Boston fans

It was a great day all the way around for Boston sports fans. The Celtics pulled out a great comeback win, to go up 3-2 in their best of seven series against the Orlando Magic. The Bruins pulled out a must-win, to tie their series with the Carolina Hurricanes.

But most importantly, the Red Sox opened their last West Coast road trip with a win over the Los Angeles Angels. Of course, I didn't get to see it. The problem with getting older and having to be at work at 7:30 am - it means no late nights for the Outlander. Instead, I have to rely on the post-game wrap up I get in the morning on NESN, with a little bit from ESPN and MLBN.

The good news is that this is the last time I'll have to contend with the sleep vs. RS battle this year. It's amazing to think that we won't go out the West Coast again until the post-season. A benefit for we East Coast fans, granted, but it does make you wonder about the schedule makers.

The piece de resistance for RS fans - and fans of a certain RS blog - is that Surviving Grady won the first New England Sports Blog Award for Best All Around Sports Blog. Congratulations to Red and Denton. SG is such a fun part of my day - I know I can log into the comments section and find a friend and a laugh. I'm really looking forward to our "gathering of the clan" next weekend in Boston - woot! Only 9 days!!

Labels: ,